H1-B Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Extension

I am currently in H1B and my visa is expiring on July-25-2011, but when I visited India and came back to US at POE during March 2011, the officer had put in my I-94 as 25-Jun-2011.

I have applied for H1B extension a month ago. When I asked my company for any reference number so that I could track, they told me that they still have not received it from USCIS. Will it take so long for getting the reference number?

If another company is willing to offer me a job here, when my extension is already in progress, can the 2nd company process for my H1B transfer? Will there be a problem? or will my parent company get any note from USCIS about this transfer?

I have applied for H1B extension a month ago. When I asked my company for any reference number so that I could track, they told me that they still have not received it from USCIS. Will it take so long for getting the reference number?
    >>> usually it takes about 2 weeks to get the receipt notice.

If another company is willing to offer me a job here, when my extension is already in progress, can the 2nd company process for my H1B transfer? Will there be a problem? or will my parent company get any note from USCIS about this transfer?
    >>> If the new company files the transfer before your current I-94 expires (the application for transfer should reach USCIS before your current I-94 expires), then there are less complication. If they file it after your I-94 expires but with the reference to your pending extension (called as bridging), then the approva of the 2nd petition depends on the approval of the 1st petition. If the extension gets denied, then the transfer also will get denied since it is filed as a bridge from the pending petition. Search and read about posts related to bridging in immihelp. Your current company will not know about the transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin! I referred to the old posts...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X