old H1b expires just few days before new one could be filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old H1b expires just few days before new one could be filed

I am changing my job which requires me to get a new license from a different state to start a practice. my new visa cannot be filed until I have the new license.
    My old visa expires on 30th of June and there is a strong chance that my new practice license would not arrive before that hence lawyers can not file for a new visa before that. so after 30th of June I will be out of status.
    I want to know if it is possible to stay extra for few days as I am expecting to get my license within few days but after 30th of June.
    Or is there any other way around it, i.e. can I get an extension based on this reason.
    Or can lawyers file a little early and say they will give provide license number as soon as they get.
    I am not sure what would be the best course of action here, so I have posted this thread here and I would really appreciate if somebody could quickly reply in this regard.

regards

It is better if your company's lawyers file the petition without the license and send the license later as a response to RFE.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thnks for the reply. let me ask the lawyers

Comment

Is old B1 visa valid after issuance of H1b??

Another question I need to ask.
        I had a B1/B2 VISA with 10year validity BEFORE MY h1B VISA WAS ISSUED. my H1b expires on 30th June. Would the B1 visa still be valid after the H1b expires.

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by bansi83 View Post
          Another question I need to ask.
          I had a B1/B2 VISA with 10year validity BEFORE MY h1B VISA WAS ISSUED. my H1b expires on 30th June. Would the B1 visa still be valid after the H1b expires.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X