I am on an H1B visa in the US and it expired two years back and I havent travelled anywhere outside the States. Recently I got my Canadian Permanent Residency and I am planning to go to Canada and spend 2 weeks there.

I am not working with the same employer as in the passport stamping, I have changed a couple of employers with a valid I-797 / I-94 valid till next year. My first stamping on the passport for H1B visa was done in India. I have all the all the documents ready for stamping.

My question is, can I get my passport stamped in Canada for my current H1B visa or should I go to India to get stamped? If I can get visa stamped in Canada, should I make any prior appointment?

All your responses are highly appreciated.

Xpress Man