221g Yellow Form H1B Visa at Hyd Consulate - Success Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Yellow Form H1B Visa at Hyd Consulate - Success Story

My wife went for an H1B interview at Hyderabad Consulate on May 4th 2011. She converted from H4 to H1B while in USA, and she works for a small sized Financial Firm.
    She was interviewed for about 45 minutes, most of the questions were about her employer, and some were about her qualifications and justfication of the job..They gave her a 221g asking to submit more documents related to the employer.

Documents were submitted on May 23rd 2011

When we started checking the case status online, it always said "case number cannot be found", we emailed the vfs helpline after a week, and got a response in 2 business days saying that the application is under adminstrative processing.

On June 3rd she received another email, asking to submit her Passport, once submitted she received her Passport with Visa on June 10th 2011.

Just an fyi..Even after getting the visa, the case status stil shows "Unable to find Case Number", not sure why its still the same..

What we observed is that, if the Visa Officer sends documents to Kentucky for further verifcation it would take more than a month, but if they were to take the decision without sending to Kentucky it would be lot quicker.

Hope this helps, Good Luck to all who are waiting for their response from Consulate.Pray to God and everything will be good!!

------------------------------------------------------------
    Visa Interview - May 4th 2011
    Documents Submitted - May 23rd 2011
    Received Email to Submit Passport - June 3rd 2011
    Received Passport with Visa - June 10th 2011

Thanks

hello,

i have submitted my docs like 4 weeks ago at hyd vfs still the website displays saying case not found i mailed the vfs regarding this the consulate got back to me saying tht the case is under process ... anywayz congrats and gud luck for future ... plz pray for all of us too ...

Comment

Information needed

Hi h1bsux,

Your wife went to USA on H4, how could she able to work there before getting her H1? I am currently on H4, can you tell me how to process my H1b.
      Thanks,
      Noirita

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X