Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Stamping Refused. Got new H1 Approval - Which Consulate I am eligible to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping Refused. Got new H1 Approval - Which Consulate I am eligible to go?

Hi All,

I have been in US for the past 3 years and I came to India last month for my H1B stamping. Kolkata embassy refused my H1 Stamping on the grounds that my employer failed to produce the necessary documents. I was in EVC model
    Now another company has filed my H1 and I have got the H1 approval and shifted to EC model. Since I have been in India for the past 45 days and the new H1 is filed in India, During booking the Visa appointment , Do I need to choose - Working In the USA or not ? If not what would be my current state as the VFS website says my current state of residence is the state where I have been leaving for the past 6 months ?

Thanks

It does not matter. Choose your state of residence and the system will allow you to book at any consulate. Since last few months, Indian citizens can apply at any consulates/embassy in India.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the info Kabkaba. But should i choose - Indian Citizen Resident in the US as the option while filling the DS-160 form since in the past 6 months I have stayed in the US mostly and have been in india for just over a month ?

Comment

It does not really matter, you can choose either.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X