Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 to H4 COS (spouse H1 transfer in process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 COS (spouse H1 transfer in process)

I am currently on H1 and working full time. My husband got a job offer and his new employer is transferring his H1b. I will be quitting my job but before giving my notice period, want to make sure when is it best for us to initiate my COS from H1 to H4, along with husband's H1 transfer or wait till his H1 transfer is complete??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!!!

There is no big difference. You can do either. If you want to quit your job as early as possible, then the COS to H4 can be filed along with your husband's H1B petition. Once you receive the receipt notice, you can stop working.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin143!!! If I want to do the transfer say after one month after my husband's h1 transfer is completed, will I need pay stubs from my husband's previous employer or current employer(where his H1 has been transferred to)?

Comment

You will need at least latest 3 months of pay slips from your husband to prove that he has been maintaining his valid H1B status. It is required since H4 status is dependent in H1B status.

Originally posted by ragsun1 View Post
        Thanks Shervin143!!! If I want to do the transfer say after one month after my husband's h1 transfer is completed, will I need pay stubs from my husband's previous employer or current employer(where his H1 has been transferred to)?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X