Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B-221g(pink)-email from chennai consulate!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B-221g(pink)-email from chennai consulate!!

Dear Friends,

I am one among the thousands(or more) of applicants waiting for US visa with 221G case- administrative processing. I was given a pink slip on May 11th and asked to check for the updates in the consulate website. After nearly 2 months i received an email from the chennai consulate asking for some additional information(no documents. just some questions). I have replied with the needed info. Can you please let me know what does this infer? I did receive an auto reply as an acknowledgement of my details submitted. Have any one of you received any such emails from them? I am aware that there are people waiting for more than 5-6 months too. When can i expect an update from them?Please advice. Thanks!!!

No one can predict when you might hear back from the consulate as each 221g admin processing is case dependent. It is a good sign that they are looking into your application without which you might not have got a notification asking for more information. Hopefully you will hear back from the consulate soon.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your words Shervin. Will keep you posted once I get some update from them!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X