Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797 validity mismatches with PIMS

Hi Experts,

Last week I appear in h1b visa interview together with my wife. There something interesting (in bad sense) happened.

Initially, everything was fine until VO told us that there is an issue in their systems (I think they call PIMS, may be Petition Information Management System) as the date of expiry of my petition wasn’t same as mentioned in the form I-797 that I was carrying. My petition (I-797) is valid from 02-DEC-2010 to 30-NOV-2011 whereas VO said as shown in their system’s screen – it has been expired already. VO consulted the case with three other members inside, then finally reverted to us saying we will issue visa after fixing the issue their side and handed-over letter t me (White, A-4 size) stating – Your visa has been approved at the top and interview date printed at the bottom.

Yesterday, I receive an e-mail from them to submit DHS letter, LCA, Pet's federal tax returns for last 2 years, and End Client letters, to include any third party vendors at the nearest VFS centre in order to process your case further.

FYI, we have taken our passport back as need to travel abroad very soon.

My queries:

1. Is this happened with anybody else before? If yes, what experience says?
    2. Once after stating that the visa has been issued, now they started asking further documents, is it normal for them?
    3. I don’t have any case number to check the status, is that possible to get one?

Any help to would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Rahul

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X