Clear All

• H1-B stamping in Hyderabad.

I came in Aug 2005 on F1 visa.
    Aug 2005 - Jan 2006, Masters on F1 visa
    Feb07 - Sep07 OPT
    Oct07 - Sep08 H1-B X company
    Oct08 - Jan11 H1-B Y company
    Feb11 - now H1-B Z company

No pay stubs for 4 months ( Oct08 - Jan09)

In 2007, I lost my passport and I-94 and got the replacement I-94 and passport. The original passport has F1 visa stamp from Chennai consulate.
    After coming to USA I did not go for stamping at all.
    Most probably, I may have to go to India and do the stamping in dec2011 or jan2012.

Will there be any problem if If go with my new passport (no visa stamp) and me not going for stamping all these years, Will it be an issue.

Please suggest any precautions I have to take.

Getting a replacemenet passport won't be an issue. However, you may be questioned about not returning back to the home country for a long duration.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      However, you may be questioned about not returning back to the home country for a long duration.
      Thanks Shervin for the reply.
      What can I answer for such a question. When I got H1B people scared me, that having no visa stamp can be an issue. So never went for stamping. Years passed and now its too long.

What do u think would be a reasonable answer if visa officer asked me this question?

Comment

Sorry, you are the only person who would know the answer to that question.

Originally posted by HHH View Post
        Thanks Shervin for the reply.
        What can I answer for such a question. When I got H1B people scared me, that having no visa stamp can be an issue. So never went for stamping. Years passed and now its too long.

What do u think would be a reasonable answer if visa officer asked me this question?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X