Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Visa Office than the one belonging Location

Hi,

I want to clarify an issue with regards to "Different Visa Office than the one belonging Location". I am trying to book dates in the VFS website for Hyderabad Visa Office Location and I see dates are too far. Say if dates are available in any other Visa offices like Chennai, Mumbai etc., can I book at the appointment at these locations?

Thanks
    -Durga

Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Sherwin. I remember a bitter experience happened to me (my mother) in 2003. When we want to send our mother on visitor visa, dates were not available in Chennai (that time no Embassy Office in Hyd). Hence we have chosen Mumbai. But after we went to Mumbai they have rejecting processing application and asked us to apply from Chennai Office.
      That was the reason worried me.
      Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Yes.

Comment

What happened in 2003 is a old story. There are lot of recent changes which allows you to take the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India. Talk to VFS helpdesk to be more comfortable before you book the visa interview.

Originally posted by adurga View Post
        Thanks Sherwin. I remember a bitter experience happened to me (my mother) in 2003. When we want to send our mother on visitor visa, dates were not available in Chennai (that time no Embassy Office in Hyd). Hence we have chosen Mumbai. But after we went to Mumbai they have rejecting processing application and asked us to apply from Chennai Office.
        That was the reason worried me.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Back then applicants were required to choose consulate/embassy based on their state of residence. According to recent rule change Indian citizens can apply at any consulate/embassy in India.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X