Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice Period for L1b to H1b

Hi

I am currenly working on L1b and there is an employer that is ready to sponsor h1b to me. I entered USA just 3 months ago and I am not sure, is it right to take up this sponsorship early? If I take this sponsorship will my visa status get converted for sure? (l1b to h1b convertion). will the number of days have any impact on the visa convertion?
    What will be the notice period generally for a person on L1? How many days in general? (knowing it varied from organization to organization) As I am on L1, do i need to comply to the indian policies of resignation?

Can someone help me please?

Comment

I am currenly working on L1b and there is an employer that is ready to sponsor h1b to me. I entered USA just 3 months ago and I am not sure, is it right to take up this sponsorship early? If I take this sponsorship will my visa status get converted for sure?
      >>> No one can predict that. It is upto USCIS to decide whether to approve the COS from L1 to H1B or not.

(l1b to h1b convertion). will the number of days have any impact on the visa convertion?
      >>> The duration is definetely not an issue. As long as you have payslips for your entire duration of stay in H1B, you are good to prove that you maintained the H1B status and eligibel for a successful COS.

What will be the notice period generally for a person on L1? How many days in general? (knowing it varied from organization to organization) As I am on L1, do i need to comply to the indian policies of resignation?
      >>> These are civil matters that you need to take up with your employer. If you don't provide the notice period, then the employer may not give you the experience letter. I don't think there is anything much they could do. It is hard to comment without knowing anythng about your company policy and what kind of documents that you signed (if at all).
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X