Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping - Additional Admin Processing / other delays

Hello All,

I need to travel out of country in the next month on business trip to Germany, so I need to get my H1B stamped to re-enter.
    I am working as a full time employee in an US based manufacturing company.

I am worried reading all the blogs in this forum & other immigration forums on 221G & cases where
    the process is delayed saying "Additional Admin Processing Required".

Can any one give an idea of:
    1) What is the percentage of cases that are being delayed in this way. The blogs are giving me an impression that a lot of people are facing issues now a days
    2) What is the average time of delay in such case.

Thanks.

Nobody can predict this. However since you are not working in consulting model, it is less likely in your case that they will require documents from your employer and such. However, they may send it to further processing for a name check. Also, if you don't have a US or German degree, US consulate in Germany may not be able to validate your educational credentials and may send you to your home country (if it is not Germany). However, these risks are small, and you should be prepared to change your plans but not make plans based on these risks.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi kabkaba

Thank you very much for your reply.

My immigration attorney wrote to the US Consulate in Germany asking if I could attend the Consulate in Germany for stamping. They say technically it is allowed, but it is normally suggestible to attend in home country. So my attorney suggested me to attend in India.

Can I know what you mean by "they may send it to further processing for a name check."
      - is this name check on company name or my name?

Thanks,
      Chandra.

Comment

They check for common names against their system of information (Your details). The system will identify if you are one who shouldn't be issued a visa to enter U.S for any given reason. If your records are clean, you need not have to worry about this. Tis check may take some time since the consulate will send your information back to U.S office to verify.

Originally posted by replychandra View Post
        Hi kabkaba

Thank you very much for your reply.

My immigration attorney wrote to the US Consulate in Germany asking if I could attend the Consulate in Germany for stamping. They say technically it is allowed, but it is normally suggestible to attend in home country. So my attorney suggested me to attend in India.

Can I know what you mean by "they may send it to further processing for a name check."
        - is this name check on company name or my name?

Thanks,
        Chandra.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X