Sailing Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailing Permit

I moved out of US in 2010. I am yet to file my US income tax return for 2010. Also, I did not take any Sailing Permit from IRS when I moved out in May the last year.

My New H1-B with another employer is under process. Will it affect my H1-B visa approval and stamping process?
    Last edited by fundo_h1b; 08-13-2011, 03:37 PM.

The VO can ask you to produce the W2 for your period of stay in U.S and if you don't have it, then they may issues you a 221g for the same. If you cannot produce it, then the visa may get denied. Sometimes they will check it and sometimes they don't. So it depends on your luck. But they have all the records to verify whether the tax has been filed or not.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Can it happen during the H-1B Petition Processing as well? I am still waiting for the papers from the consulate. I have W2 from 2010 but I am yet to file my tax returns for 2010.

Will it affect my H-1B Petition processing?

Comment

It can happen at any stage. During taking a decision on your H1B petition (by USCIS) or when you apply for the visa (at the consulate) or at the POE or while filing the GC process. It depends on who gets deep to check your previous records.

Originally posted by fundo_h1b View Post
        Can it happen during the H-1B Petition Processing as well? I am still waiting for the papers from the consulate. I have W2 from 2010 but I am yet to file my tax returns for 2010.

Will it affect my H-1B Petition processing?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X