H4 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension

My company has applied H4 extension for my family along with my H1 extension. I have received the acknowledgement/receipt notice for me. Now my family did not receive any acknowledgement for their H4 petition. when tried to speak with my company immigration team, they want me to directly follow up with USCIS on this. Will this be a problem if my family does not get a receipt notice and it is almost 8 weeks that the extension has been applied and my current one expires in about a week.

Yes, check wth USCIS immediately. Usually they will sent the receipt notice within 1 -2 weeks. Check with your company's immigration team clearly to see if they really filed the extensions for your dependents or not. Their application to extend the status should reach USCIS before tehir I-94 expires.

Another way to check if their application has been accepted or not is by checking to see if the cheques for the H4 extension got cleared or not. If the cheques have been encashed, then they application is under process and for some other reason the receipt notice didn't reach you.

Originally posted by Pasumarthi25 View Post
    My company has applied H4 extension for my family along with my H1 extension. I have received the acknowledgement/receipt notice for me. Now my family did not receive any acknowledgement for their H4 petition. when tried to speak with my company immigration team, they want me to directly follow up with USCIS on this. Will this be a problem if my family does not get a receipt notice and it is almost 8 weeks that the extension has been applied and my current one expires in about a week.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X