Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Income Tax Return Statements

Hi,

I want to clarify a thing regarding the Income Tax Return(ITR) statements that have to be shown during the H1 Interview to the US Consulate VO.
    The "H1 documentation requirements" say that ITR for last two years is required as a supporting document. Is it (the ITR) from the Employer (i.e. the Petitioner which in general is a Consulting company) or that of the Client (i.e. the Company where the candidate works)?
    In any case, is it allowed that in case of absence of one, can the ITR of second one can be shown?

Appreciate if someone can confirm this promptly.

Thanks
    -Durga

It is the employee's tax return, employer or client have nothing to with it.
    VO may also request employer's tax return if the employer is a small consulting firm.
    The client has nothing to do with this.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the swift response!!

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      It is the employee's tax return, employer or client have nothing to with it.
      VO may also request employer's tax return if the employer is a small consulting firm.
      The client has nothing to do with this.

Comment

Client Office or Employer Office

Hi,

I am going through some sample interview queries asked by Consulate VO. When they say "Have you seen the financials of the company?" or any similar queries which contain the term Company, what do they mean by Company? Client (project workplace) or Employer (Petitioner)

Thanks
        -Durga

Comment

Client has absolutely nothing to do with any of this, unless the question particularly mentions client. Your relation is with your employer and employer only. Client is your employer's client.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X