Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping for canadian spouse

Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen currently in Us on H1.

I will be marrying a Canadian citizen and marriage will take place in India. I want her to come with me to US. I am getting different views on how she can accompany me to US. Please help resolve the following questions.

1. Can she come to US without any kind of visa from INDIA ?
    2. If she can, then shall we go together to the CBP officer at the airport and tell him that we got married?
    3. Can she get H4 status at the airport? and if she cannot will CBP officer deny her entry or allow her to enter as Canadain citizens do not need any visa to enter US.

4. Does she need to go to US Embassy in India to get H4 stamped?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone ????

Comment

Similar Question

I have the same problem, can any knowledgable attorney or person with a similar situation help.

Comment

Answers

1. Can she come to US without any kind of visa from INDIA ?
        SHe is a canadian citizen, she doesnt need a US visa.

2. If she can, then shall we go together to the CBP officer at the airport and tell him that we got married?
        yes, you will neer her passport, your valid I-797 and she will get an i-94 with the date of your I-797 expiry.

3. Can she get H4 status at the airport? and if she cannot will CBP officer deny her entry or allow her to enter as Canadain citizens do not need any visa to enter US.
        He cannot deny her entry. It can be denied iff you cannot verify that she is your wife. You will need a marriage certificate to verify that.

4. Does she need to go to US Embassy in India to get H4 stamped?
        No, Canadians dont need a Visa, even if she tries they will not advise her to come.

You are fine as long as you have a valid marriage certificate. I am not sure what is a 'valid' marriage certificate to a US CBP officer.

Comment

More Concerns

Thanks for the reply!

In one of the forums i read that H4 status was not granted at the airport and they had to go to US-Canada border to get it done.

I am concerned that if we go together to the CBP officer at the airport and tell him/her that we are married and he/she refuses to give H4 status at airport. In that case, would CBP officer allow Canadian citizen spouse to enter US as visitor?

Thanks

Comment

H4 for canadian citizen spouse concerns

Anyone who or their friend were in similar situation, please post your experience. It would be of great help.

Thanks.

Comment

No one???????

Can some one please reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X