Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help - H1b Visa Transfer Case

Hi,

When I first landed in US, I came in with H1B Visa of XYZ company. My passport has the Visa stamp of XYZ company as of now. I changed my employer recently and got my Visa transferred to ABC company. I have received the new I797 of this new ABC company. For some urgent reasons I need to go to India for 1 week.

Can some one please tell me URGENTLY...... Can I come back using the stamp of XYZ company without stamping the new Visa for ABC company? I will be carrying the documents of the XYZ as well as ABC company including the new I797 of ABC company. The reason is I cannot get the new Visa stamped within a weeks time there.

Is it compulsory to do this??????

Respond ASAP.

Regards.

H1B Transfer

Per my knowledge, you dont have to have a new stamp. When I changed job, my lawyer said its "ok" not to get a new stamp but he said he strongly "recommended" doing it. Better safe than sorry!

Comment

H1-B Transfer

Vishwesh,

You can get the stamp from Canada for your new company. Hope that helps!

Comment

H1B Transfer

Hi,

I would have got the Visa stamped from Canada. But I am really short of time. I spoke to two different attorneys here. And both of them said that there should not be any problem for you to come back without the new stamp as long as you carry all your new documents of transfer. But again they say "At your risk". I mean, I am just worried about the words mentioned in quotes. Technically / Legally I won't have problems that's what they say.

Comment

H1B restamping

Vishwesh...Ur first post was on April 22nd and since u are still here, why dont u give it a shot going to Mexico or canada...it just takes one day and u will be carefree!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X