Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b - H11,NEED ADVICE/HELP ON TRAVEL PLANS

Hi,

I am on L1B with company A with visa expiring on Nov 2011 but I-94 till JAN 2013. company B is sponsoring my H1. THIS IS DIRECT HIRE , there is no EVC model .I need to decide what would be suitable time for me to travel to India.

1) Should you recommend get H1 approved and wait for one year and then travel to India for h1 stamping ? They say it is safe to travel after 1 year for stamping, really ?
    OR
    2) Company B wants to sponsor GC right after H1, should I apply for GC as well and then wait for 1 year to travel to India ? OR its better to wait for 1 year ,travel to India, get H1 stamped , come back and then start GC process ?
    3) is it risky to travel to India after applying GC ?
    OR
    4) I should travel now in september and come back in september end ? here the risk is Immi officer may stamp me I-94 date till Nov 2011 to match my visa date this would give company B only 1 month to process my H1 and put me on their payroll i.e. form October - first week November 2011.

please let me know your thoughts as time is slipping for me making me more tense.

thanks

Replies please

Please reply , as I said time is slipping for me.

Comment

Originally posted by capton View Post
      Hi,

I am on L1B with company A with visa expiring on Nov 2011 but I-94 till JAN 2013. company B is sponsoring my H1. THIS IS DIRECT HIRE , there is no EVC model .I need to decide what would be suitable time for me to travel to India.

1) Should you recommend get H1 approved and wait for one year and then travel to India for h1 stamping ? They say it is safe to travel after 1 year for stamping, really ?
      There is no such thing. Apply for the Visa whenever you travel.
      OR
      2) Company B wants to sponsor GC right after H1, should I apply for GC as well and then wait for 1 year to travel to India ? OR its better to wait for 1 year ,travel to India, get H1 stamped , come back and then start GC process ?
      It is up to company B to decide. Having H1 Visa is not required.

3) is it risky to travel to India after applying GC ?
      No
      OR
      4) I should travel now in september and come back in september end ? here the risk is Immi officer may stamp me I-94 date till Nov 2011 to match my visa date this would give company B only 1 month to process my H1 and put me on their payroll i.e. form October - first week November 2011.
      It does not matter when you travel. Any change of status must be filed while your I-94 is valid and once change of status is approved, you must join the H1 employer from the status start date.

please let me know your thoughts as time is slipping for me making me more tense.

thanks
      See above.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X