H4 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension

My H1B exension just got approved but my employer didn't appy the H4 extension for my family at that time.
    Now they are saying they have applied I 539 for them and upon asking the receipt number they say it will be posted directly to your home address mentioned and the receipt number takes about 15 days to get generated.
    I want to know if there is any facility like this that I539 details are posted directly to home?
    because their old I-94 is going to expire on Sep 15.
    also please let me know is there any way to know if the the H4 is actuallu applied and is under processing.

Does anyone has any comment to add on this?

Comment

I-539 is actually your dependents' application. It is their responsibility and they will sign the application (or if the company's lawyer is representing them, the lawyer can sign). All your employer is doing is assisting with the application. Receipt and approval notices will be sent to whatever addresses your dependents (or your employer as their representative) gives on the form.
      If you want to ensure that application is received before their I-94's expire, e-filing should be done. The day application is submitted online is considered receipt date and if that is before the I-94 date, your dependents will be fine.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the update it was really useful
        I checked with the company HR they say it was applied and the EAC number will come to your home address but unable to provide any proof of submission
        this company I have recently joined , looks to be very unresponsive , irresponsible from their replies and conduct so far.
        Does anybody have an experience like to check status by calling USICS if family H4(I539) was applied ,
        and since their I-94 expiry is withing one week I can myself apply online for I539 too but not sure if it was really applied and duplication is allowed or will create any subsequesnt effects.
        Please let me know any views on this, what to do , wait and watch .

Comment

Your dependents can call USCIS helpline to see if they can pull up the application without the receipt number.
          Wait until the last day of I-94 before efiling duplicate application. There is no need for that. It may also cause complications.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X