Email from consulate - Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from consulate - Urgent

My case was in 221g processing for the past 6 weeks. I received a mail from the consulate today evening.

Your passport is required for the further processing of your non-immigrant visa case. Please submit your passport to VFS. (It can be submitted by you at the VFS office, in person. Please carry a print-out of this confirmation email while going to submit your passport.)

Does this mean that the visa is approved?

It is likely that Visa is approved. They will not tell you outright.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

what do you have in the second half of the email ?
      Do you have something like this ? Just wanted to make sure you and me are in the same boat or not.

Privacy Act Statement

Under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), the records pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas are considered to be confidential and, with limited exception, may be used only for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the U.S. Thus, information about any particular non-immigrant visa applicant’s case cannot be divulged to third parties.

U.S. Department of State
      THE FOREIGN SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES
      REFUSAL WORKSHEET

Date: 7-Sep-2011

Dear Visa Applicant

We are unable to continue processing your case. Your visa application has been refused under Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) Section 221(g) and further action is suspended. Please provide the following documents/items to the Consulate via submission to the VFS office (in person).
      --BENEFICIARY: Current, valid, undamaged passport for the visa applicant.

Additional information is available at the Internet site: http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/. WARNING: IF YOU FAIL TO TAKE THE ACTION REQUESTED OR FAIL TO PRESENT ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE SUFFICIENT TO OVERCOME YOUR VISA DENIAL UNDER SECTION 221(g) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE REFUSAL DATE, SECTION 203(g) OF THE ACT REQUIRES THAT YOUR APPLICATION BE CANCELLED.
      Thank you!

Comment

I do not have the 221g part. Just the 222f part

But I think that does not mean anything, they can issue a 221g for any document they want

I called vfs and DOS, they do not have any update. VFS mentioned that we have to wait till we get the stamped passport

Comment

While submitting the passport, I talked to one of the VFS guys and they told that submission doesnt mean VISA approval. They told that there might be rejections after submitting the passports..These comments by VFS guy made me nervous..

Is this true guys ?

Comment

@cpcys0: Have you heard anything back from consulate ?
            Have you received your passport ?

Comment

Finally

Received my PP today with stamped visa till petition end date

Almost 8 weeks of wait . All the Best to everyone who is waiting for their visa , be patient and keep praying

Thanks for all the support!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X