Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to US with just one month validity left in visa and work permit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US with just one month validity left in visa and work permit.

My H1 renewal was pending processing (221g) till now. It just got approved today. But there is only 1 month’s validity left in my work permit (I 797). Because of that the new visa is also valid only for 1 month. My employer is ready to file for a 3 year extension.

My question is, can I travel to US with just one month’s validity in both visa and work permit? Will I face any problem at the POE or Indian airport during departure?

There should not be any problem. But travel asap as there should be sufficient time left to file the extension.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Now my employer is considering filing for 3 year H1 extension through consular processing. So I will be travelling only after that. This means I will be going for visa stamping again, with the new petition.

Now my question is, what are the chances of getting another 221g? My 221g case just got clear today after 8 long months wait. Is there a chance that I will be again subject to this if I attend the next visa interview in 2 months time?

Comment

What was reason for this 221g? Did they ask for any documents from your employer?
        If this was because of a name check, it is unfortunately possible that it will happen again.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Travel to US with just one month validity left in visa and work permit.

Hi Happygolucky,
          Were you able to travel back to US with just one month remaining on your visa or did you go for restamping? I am in a similar situation where my visa was stuck due to admin processing and now that I have got my visa it has only a month's validity since my I-797 was expiring. Please do let me know if you were able to enter US safely.
          Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X