New H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B visa

Employer X filed my H1b petition(extension to already used CAP, I used till 2010), and the petition is approved by USCIS till 2014. However, during the course of things, my potential association with X has soured and I will no longer be stamping/ using their H1b.
    New employer Y(also my permanent employer in India) wishes to file H1B for me. They have asked me to furnish all previous H1's(expired/approved etc). They know I am already cap counted from 2007-2010, and want to file H1 extension based on the same cap. This same CAP was used by employer X to file petition.

My question is do I need to tell my employer Y, that I also got an approval from X while I was working for them. They might not like it, so is there a way I can just send previous petitions till 2010 and ignore the one I just got in 2011.

Any ideas guys?

Comment

If you are outside the US, it will not matter. Just provide your employer with the latest approval notice (or all approval notices).
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        Actually my question was - Is it OK not to provide the latest approval notice as its from employer X whom I am not joining and employer Y won't like the fact that X applied for me while I was working for them

Comment

Like said, it does not matter if you are currently outside the US. Any one notice is sufficient to prove that you are cap-exempt.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X