Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 - have you ever been refused visa

Hello Friends,

I have a peculiar problem...I was filling out DS160 and there is a question stating - have you ever been refused visa - I have answered 'NO'.

I have attended for H1B stamping at New Delhi on June 27 and VO has given 221G green slip. Visa validity was from May 16th 2011 to August 21st 2011.

US Consulate has not responded anything until September 20th 2011. I had another approved H1B petition and I took appointment for next week today and submitted all documents. Today I have received the letter (after submitting documents at VFS) stating refusal under 221G for the one attended on June 27th.

Since I took appointment and submitted original hdfc receipt and documents for the next interview. What I should do now for the question - have you ever been refused US visa ..since I have answered 'NO' as I do not know until after submitted documents.

Please help..

thank you

221g is considered as visa refusal until the time it gets cleared. So you should have answered the question as "YES" instead of "No". Talk to VFS helpdesk to see if they can help you change that to YES. If not, you will have to redo the application and schedule a new appointment. Don't give an impression to the VO that you have entered false information in DS160.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You can fill another DS160 and then call VFS to check if they can change the barcode number on the appointment to this new one.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

two options given by VFS

VFS people has given 2 options:

1 - Fill up new DS160 form and take it during interview
        2 - Cancel appointment and schedule new one

I would like to go for option ' 1' ....

Please suggest

Comment

If the interview dates are available during the same time frame, then better go with option 2. If you go with option 1, then better have a printer ready. Saving the DS-160 to desktop and opening it later cause missing data. Also, instead of taking to VFS over the phone, email them and carry their reply as a proof just in case VO questions you about it.

Originally posted by samh52 View Post
          VFS people has given 2 options:

1 - Fill up new DS160 form and take it during interview
          2 - Cancel appointment and schedule new one

I would like to go for option ' 1' ....

Please suggest
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X