Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extended - Candidate and Company Questioned afterwards

Hi All,

I've just got my H1b extended little over than a month back. Earlier I was given 11 Months Visa (first time) and now I've got the Extensions for 2014.

After I got the approval notice, within 20 days, a Officer came and cross questioned me against my petition, I've told what it was mentioned in the petition. Now today my Company (HR dept) is being questioned.

Is there anything wrong?
    Is this normal to get questioned after the extension has been granted?
    Can my Visa get cancelled after Extension notice is sent?
    Will this Impact when I go for Visa Stamping some time next year?

Please let me know.

Is there anything wrong?
    >>> It could either be a random check or that they are checking all the employees who working for your company. The second case is possible if USCIS has doubts against the H1B processing of this employer or someone filed a complaint with USCIS.

Is this normal to get questioned after the extension has been granted?
    >>> This is not new. It has happened to others.

Can my Visa get cancelled after Extension notice is sent?
    >>> If USCIS finds an issue, then they can revoke the approved petition anytime.

Will this Impact when I go for Visa Stamping some time next year?
    >>> If the petition is not revoked, then there will be no issues.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin143.

How would I come to know about any such progress?

Comment

If the petition is revoked, then your employer will get a notification. You can also check the case status online, although you cannot really depend on it because sometimes they do not actively update the status online all the time.

Originally posted by carolhere View Post
        Thanks shervin143.

How would I come to know about any such progress?

Comment

I was already given the notice of action and the extended petition is with me, can they still revoke the extension? My older visa expires 9/30, so do I need to leave country immediately if the Visa is revoked?

Comment

What gets revoked by USCIS is your petition and not the visa. The term revoke means cancelling an existing approved petition. So YES, then can revoke the petition anytime. If the petition is revoked, then you should leave the country immediately. Alternatively, you can transfer the H1B to a different company before they revoke the petition (if you know for sure that is going to happen) and start working for the new company based on the receipt notice.

Originally posted by carolhere View Post
            I was already given the notice of action and the extended petition is with me, can they still revoke the extension? My older visa expires 9/30, so do I need to leave country immediately if the Visa is revoked?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X