Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Change on H1B Receipt

Hi All,

Require an advise as I am in a different situation, my scenario is I am working in US say Company A and my Visa is getting expired within 15 Days.

My Employer has filed for visa and I have received the receipt, just having 10 days back receipt date and the USCIS site is showing as the processing time of 2.5 months. However, in mean time my employer has asked me to return back to India.

Please advice if i can seek a job change based only on the receipt without I797 approval notice in my hand?

Further, If I change the job, my current employer will not hand over the approval documnets to me. Will that cause an issue?

Regards

Originally posted by mgshilpapandith View Post
    Hi All,

Require an advise as I am in a different situation, my scenario is I am working in US say Company A and my Visa is getting expired within 15 Days.

My Employer has filed for visa and I have received the receipt, just having 10 days back receipt date and the USCIS site is showing as the processing time of 2.5 months. However, in mean time my employer has asked me to return back to India.

Please advice if i can seek a job change based only on the receipt without I797 approval notice in my hand?

Another employer can file for you. If they file before your current I-94 expires, you can start working for them immediately. If they file after I-94 expiry, that will be based on A's pending petition and if you leave A and A withdraws their petition, the transfer may not be approved.

Further, If I change the job, my current employer will not hand over the approval documnets to me. Will that cause an issue?

You will not need that approval notice.

Regards
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X