Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping

Dear Senior members,

I have an important question to ask you. I have a family marriage in Jan 2012 in India and I am thinking of attending it. I have my Visa stamped on my passport from Com A till Aug 2012. But I chnaged job to company B and then to company C after I came back from India in 2010.
    So, can I go to India and come back on the same Visa and show my new I-94 and I-797 at the port of entry in US or do I have to take a fresh stamping in India? One of my friend told me that I need not take new VISA stamping as long as I have my Company A Visa stamping is valid( Aug 2012).

Please Help!

Thanks

Raj

You can use the existing valid H1B visa along with latest approval notice to re-enter U.S. Detach all the I-94 from the approval notices and attach them to the passport (along with the one that you received at the POE when you entered U.S). All the I-94s should be returned to the airport officials before you leave the country or proper exit records will not be registered against those I-94s. When yo return you will get a new I-94 at the POE based on your latest approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Visa stamping

Dear Shervin,

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering, do we I need to carry original Approval notice ( I-797) or can I take photocopy of I-797?

Please let me know as based on you information, I may need to ask my employer to provide me the original.

Thanks

Raj

Comment

You need the original approval notice to show at the POE. There are cases where they have accepted the photocopies. But I wouldn't take that chance.

Originally posted by neerajbioxford View Post
        Dear Shervin,

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering, do we I need to carry original Approval notice ( I-797) or can I take photocopy of I-797?

Please let me know as based on you information, I may need to ask my employer to provide me the original.

Thanks

Raj
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X