Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B before graduation

Hi everyone,

I'm just two months away from graduation, and I would like to know if my employer and I can apply for the H1B visa in advance.

I could get an official letter from my university claiming that I'm currently enrolled and that I'll be graduating soon.

Many thanks,

If the petition is based on this degree, you need to have completed all requirements for the degree (passing all classes etc.) for the employer to file for you. If you have a previous 4 year Bachelor's degree and the job only requires that degree, the employer can certainly file using that previous degree.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      If the petition is based on this degree, you need to have completed all requirements for the degree (passing all classes etc.) for the employer to file for you. If you have a previous 4 year Bachelor's degree and the job only requires that degree, the employer can certainly file using that previous degree.
      Thank you for the reply!

I just reminded that I also have a technical degree certificate in my area of working and study (IT), this technical degree was a full-time course with a length of 1 year and a half. Do you think that with this technical certificate + almost 4 years of university classes (2 months away from getting my Bachelor's degree) + 3 years of internship in the area would make me eligible for a H1B?

Many Thanks!
      Last edited by gumatias; 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gumatias View Post
        Thank you for the reply!

I just reminded that I also have a technical degree certificate in my area of working and study (IT), this technical degree was a full-time course with a length of 1 year and a half. Do you think that with this technical certificate + almost 4 years of university classes (2 months away from graduation) + 3 years of internship in the area would make me eligible for a H1B?

Many Thanks!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X