Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent questions concerning application to H1B

Hi everyone,

I am stuck in a very uncomfortable situation, let me explain you why.

I graduated from Pace University in New York in December 2010. Therefore, I have a F1 Visa. I started my OPT in March 2011, I got both the employment authorization card and the OPT back then. Here's the thing:

-The OPT lasts 3 months + 2 months grace period, meaning that by now, it has expired.
    -I found a job a month ago (early September), but I still dont have a contract. The company is in a rough position, so as soon as I bring customers in, I'll get a contract.
    -The job definitely requires someone with a BBA in marketing, which is what I got at Pace University.
    -If I bring customers in, they'll both pay me and sponsor me

BUT

-My employment authorization card expire in February 2011. Meaning I have not much time left
    -I heard that BEFORE I apply to the H1B, I need 3 months of salary. Is that true?

I would like to know what you think about my situation, and what i should do. I went online, asked people around me, and I get lots of different (and contradictory) answers.. My main questions is whether the thing about getting paid during three months before I actually apply for the H1B is true. If it is not, it means I can try harder at the company i m working for. If not, I ll need to find another position very fast.

Also, it seems that if I apply and get the H1B, it won t be effective before October 2012. Is that true?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate. This situation makes me stress out a lot, so any help would be more than welcome

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X