Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling with New I-797 and with old employer's visa stamping

Hi,

I have changed my employer recently. I got new I-797 with new employer. I already have my visa stamped with old employer and is till June 2012.

Now I have plans to go India. I have following questions.

1) Do I need to go for Stamping as I am going to India?
    2) My new employer's attorney was telling me that I need not go for the stamping as I have valid old employer's visa stamping. Is it true?
    3) Is there any chance that I would face problems at port of entry. I mean wil they (port of entry) ask how am I travelling with Old employer's visa when I have new employer's I-797?

Please reply with details as I am in dilemma. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Sri

You can certainly use the current Visa and new approval notice to return to the US. Make sure your I-94 is according to new approval notice when you return. Submit all I-94's (staple together) to the airline when you leave.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention one more thing...
      My client is also changed and is not same as the client that i was working for.

In breif, New Employer --> New I-797 --> New Client --> Old Visa stamping that is valid till 2012 June.

Is there any issue to travel to india with old visa stamping? Or Should I go for the visa stamping again?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
      Sri

Comment

Like mentioned in the previous reply, you can use the existing visa wih the new approval notice. If you are concerened, then you can always get the visa stamped for the new employer and return back.

Originally posted by srikanth345 View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention one more thing...
        My client is also changed and is not same as the client that i was working for.

In breif, New Employer --> New I-797 --> New Client --> Old Visa stamping that is valid till 2012 June.

Is there any issue to travel to india with old visa stamping? Or Should I go for the visa stamping again?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
        Sri
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X