H1b & H4 stamping - Application Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b & H4 stamping - Application Questions

I and my family including my wife and my daughter are currently in US. I recently got my H1B visa petition approved and my status changed from F-1 to H1b and H4 for dependents. Now I am traveling to India in Nov and need to get my visa stamped. I have two questions:

1 On the first page for scheduling appointment - the question is - Are you applying for the same class of visa? What should I answer here? My last visa was F-1 which has now expired, and I have an approved H1B petition.

My second question is:
    2. While filling Ds160 for my daughter, one of the questions on the form is: IS your father in US? Well, I am currently in US at the time of filling the form but we will be appearing jointly for the VISA interview at Delhi. So what shall I answer here? The confusion is if I mention yes -then it goes against the application as at the time of interview - her father i.e. I will be in India but if I answer no it will be incorrect as of today because at the time of submitting the form, I am in the US. How shall I answer this? Please help.

1 On the first page for scheduling appointment - the question is - Are you applying for the same class of visa? What should I answer here? My last visa was F-1 which has now expired, and I have an approved H1B petition.
    >>> Your previous visa in the passport is F1 and what you are applying now is H1B. So of course you should answer "No".

My second question is:
    2. While filling Ds160 for my daughter, one of the questions on the form is: IS your father in US? Well, I am currently in US at the time of filling the form but we will be appearing jointly for the VISA interview at Delhi. So what shall I answer here? The confusion is if I mention yes -then it goes against the application as at the time of interview - her father i.e. I will be in India but if I answer no it will be incorrect as of today because at the time of submitting the form, I am in the US. How shall I answer this?
    >>> The information that you enter in DS-160 should be as of the date of the visa interview. When or where you fill the application doesn't matter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X