H1B stamping for a new employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping for a new employer

I am currently working for an employer in India and have been able to get a job with a US employer who are willing to sponsor my H1B visa.

The process has already started and I am waiting for the Petition to be generated and files by the Attorney designated by my US Employer.

I have some questions regarding this complete procedure :

1. Since I will be changing my Job when I move to US to join my new employer, Is this a very common scenario. Is this something I should be extra careful about when I appear for the interview and be prepared with some typical questions asked? I would appreciate if you could provide me guidance on this.

2. My employer has opted for Premium Processing for my H1 Visa. I found from the online information that it usually takes 15 days for the consulate to accept / reject the petition during Premium Processing. Is it possible that the procedure would be completed before 15 days?

3. I found this information online that the consulate officer might ask for some picture of the employer's office building, meeting rooms during the Visa Interview? Should I get prepared with this?

4. I see that the Visa interview dates in Hyderabad are still available towards the end on this Month. While I am waiting for the petition to be approved, is there a way I can book an interview slot in the last week of this month even before I get my petition approval?

Find my answers for.

2 : Process will not exceed 15 Calender Days if all the documents are provided correctly. Some times may take less than 15 days too.
    3 : I guess they will not ask any pictures of the office buildling, If so you can find them in Google and carry them.
    4 : You cant book a date until unless you receive a i797 form from uscis.

Comment

Originally posted by nikhilhunk View Post
      I am currently working for an employer in India and have been able to get a job with a US employer who are willing to sponsor my H1B visa.

The process has already started and I am waiting for the Petition to be generated and files by the Attorney designated by my US Employer.

I have some questions regarding this complete procedure :

1. Since I will be changing my Job when I move to US to join my new employer, Is this a very common scenario. Is this something I should be extra careful about when I appear for the interview and be prepared with some typical questions asked? I would appreciate if you could provide me guidance on this.
      Nothing special
      2. My employer has opted for Premium Processing for my H1 Visa. I found from the online information that it usually takes 15 days for the consulate to accept / reject the petition during Premium Processing. Is it possible that the procedure would be completed before 15 days?
      USCIS (not consulate) can issue a query and if that happens it can take longer than 15 days.
      3. I found this information online that the consulate officer might ask for some picture of the employer's office building, meeting rooms during the Visa Interview? Should I get prepared with this?
      In typical IT consulting scenario, they may ask this.
      4. I see that the Visa interview dates in Hyderabad are still available towards the end on this Month. While I am waiting for the petition to be approved, is there a way I can book an interview slot in the last week of this month even before I get my petition approval?
      That is possible, but not recommended. The petition can get delayed or denied. If that happens you may lose your money (HDFC fee).
      See above.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X