X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kabkaba
    replied
    Originally posted by nikhilhunk View Post
    I am currently working for an employer in India and have been able to get a job with a US employer who are willing to sponsor my H1B visa.

The process has already started and I am waiting for the Petition to be generated and files by the Attorney designated by my US Employer.

I have some questions regarding this complete procedure :

1. Since I will be changing my Job when I move to US to join my new employer, Is this a very common scenario. Is this something I should be extra careful about when I appear for the interview and be prepared with some typical questions asked? I would appreciate if you could provide me guidance on this.
    Nothing special
    2. My employer has opted for Premium Processing for my H1 Visa. I found from the online information that it usually takes 15 days for the consulate to accept / reject the petition during Premium Processing. Is it possible that the procedure would be completed before 15 days?
    USCIS (not consulate) can issue a query and if that happens it can take longer than 15 days.
    3. I found this information online that the consulate officer might ask for some picture of the employer's office building, meeting rooms during the Visa Interview? Should I get prepared with this?
    In typical IT consulting scenario, they may ask this.
    4. I see that the Visa interview dates in Hyderabad are still available towards the end on this Month. While I am waiting for the petition to be approved, is there a way I can book an interview slot in the last week of this month even before I get my petition approval?
    That is possible, but not recommended. The petition can get delayed or denied. If that happens you may lose your money (HDFC fee).
    See above.

Leave a comment:

• divakarv08
    replied
    Find my answers for.

2 : Process will not exceed 15 Calender Days if all the documents are provided correctly. Some times may take less than 15 days too.
    3 : I guess they will not ask any pictures of the office buildling, If so you can find them in Google and carry them.
    4 : You cant book a date until unless you receive a i797 form from uscis.

Leave a comment:

• nikhilhunk
    started a topic H1B stamping for a new employer

H1B stamping for a new employer

I am currently working for an employer in India and have been able to get a job with a US employer who are willing to sponsor my H1B visa.

The process has already started and I am waiting for the Petition to be generated and files by the Attorney designated by my US Employer.

I have some questions regarding this complete procedure :

1. Since I will be changing my Job when I move to US to join my new employer, Is this a very common scenario. Is this something I should be extra careful about when I appear for the interview and be prepared with some typical questions asked? I would appreciate if you could provide me guidance on this.

2. My employer has opted for Premium Processing for my H1 Visa. I found from the online information that it usually takes 15 days for the consulate to accept / reject the petition during Premium Processing. Is it possible that the procedure would be completed before 15 days?

3. I found this information online that the consulate officer might ask for some picture of the employer's office building, meeting rooms during the Visa Interview? Should I get prepared with this?

4. I see that the Visa interview dates in Hyderabad are still available towards the end on this Month. While I am waiting for the petition to be approved, is there a way I can book an interview slot in the last week of this month even before I get my petition approval?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X