H1 B Visa Stamping Delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa Stamping Delayed

I have joined an Indian MNC in USA in the month of Jun 2010 at that time they have filed for my H1 transfer and extension as well as my H1 b was completing 3 years by Sep 2010. I got my H1 B approval in Dec 2010 and I came to India in May 2011 and attended for stamping at that time the US consular has looked at my case and returned my passport and mentioned that he needs to further analyze this and will let me know in a week, but it's almost 5 months and i got reply from US consulate that they have returned my petition to USCIS and they are no longer handling this case and I need to follow up with USCIS on the status of this case.

Reply from US Consulate:"
    We must inform you that your case was refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone whose application does not appear to the Consular officer to meet the requirements of the INA or of the regulations there under.

Based on the documents submitted by you and the information elicited in your visa interview with a Consular officer, we were not able to issue you an H-1B temporary work visa, because your petitioner does not appear to be either able or willing to provide qualifying employment in the United States in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations.

In accordance with United States law and Department of State guidelines, action on your case has been suspended, and the I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker filed on your behalf was returned to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a memorandum explaining the facts of your case as presented to us at the time of interview.

Consular officers return a petition to USCIS only when the visa interview provides new information that is not available to USCIS at the time the petition was approved. We have provided our perspective on all the facts about your case to USCIS and will await its judgment on whether or not the petition should be reaffirmed. The U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad is no longer handling your case, and will be unable to give you any information on the status of your petition. You can contact USCIS for a case status update.
    "

When I check the status of my H1 B petition on USCIS website it is on Post decision activity and it has the below description.

"On September 19, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Can please advice me on this, Is my visa denied or it might be under administrative processing. Can I file an amended petition.? what are my options.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by guruindian24; 10-13-2011, 05:24 AM.

Your visa has been denied and there is no question about that. You have to wait for USCIS response to figure out if the petition will get revoked or not. The best available option at this point is to find another employer who can sponsor your H1B. They can use the CAP from the existing petition to file a new one and request an immediate start date. When that petition gets approved, you can attend the visa interview again.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your response, Can you please let me know if there cap for this year has reached or guide me where I can find this information, I have advanced degree (Master's from an US University).

Comment

Also you have mentioned that I need to wait and see if my petition will be revoked or not, What difference it would make if the petition is not revoked and can you tell an approximate timeframe on when i can expect reply from USCIS.?
        Last edited by guruindian24; 10-13-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

The CAP is still open. You can find the information in uscis.gov. Why do you worry about the CAP? You are already CAP counted.

Originally posted by guruindian24 View Post
          Thanks for your response, Can you please let me know if there cap for this year has reached or guide me where I can find this information, I have advanced degree (Master's from an US University).

Comment

If USCIS doesn't revoke the petition, then you can use that to get the stamping. But the chances of that are very less. No one can predict the time that will take to get a response from USCIS.

Also you have mentioned that I need to wait and see if my petition will be revoked or not, What difference it would make if the petition is not revoked and can you tell an approximate timeframe on when i can expect reply from USCIS.?

Comment

Thank you very much for your response, One last question, I am planning to persuade the same employer to file a fresh H1 B petition, will that be ok.? Since you mentioned above that i need find another employer for filing H1 B petition.

Comment

The reason for your H1B rejection is your employer. If you go again for stamping with the documents from the same employer, what do you think the chances are? The same thing can happen again.

Thank you very much for your response, One last question, I am planning to persuade the same employer to file a fresh H1 B petition, will that be ok.? Since you mentioned above that i need find another employer for filing H1 B petition.

Comment

As you mentioned below since the Visa is denied, Can I file a petition to reopen or reconsider my case. Just checking if there are any opportunities that might avoid in filing new h1 b.

Please let me know.

Comment

There is no such option.

As you mentioned below since the Visa is denied, Can I file a petition to reopen or reconsider my case. Just checking if there are any opportunities that might avoid in filing new h1 b.

Please let me know.

Comment

I am pursuing my employer to file fresh H1 B petition and i need to convince him that i am already cap counted, Can you please advise if there would be any link on website which details this.

Comment

If yu haven't used all 6 years in your previous H1B CAP (H1B + L1 combined), then you can use that CAP. The employer will just need to attach a copy of your previous approval notice and mention that receipt number while filing I-129.

I am pursuing my employer to file fresh H1 B petition and i need to convince him that i am already cap counted, Can you please advise if there would be any link on website which details this.

Comment

Can you please point out the USCIS link, where exactly it states that if you haven't completed 6 years, then i can use that cap. I need to specify this to employer as is not filing for current year as 2012 Cap has reached.

Comment

If you must rely on the information on USCIS web site, please search there or contact your attorney for further assistance. This web site is not meant for you.
                            Immihelp Support
                            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X