Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA Stamping and Port of Entry while pregnant

Hello People,

Currently I am in US on H1B and my wife is in India working for US client. Her client is willing to file her H1B, but my wife is currently pregnant 5th month, I would like to know What is her chances of getting VISA stamping and will there be any issues at port of entry.

Kindly advice me on this. I have no intention to have baby born in US, that's the reason why my wife is India, but the opportunity she got is too good to reject it.

There won't be any issues because of the pregnancy. Traveling to U.S just for a child birth is what is not allowed (In B1/B2 visa). Traveling in H1B to work or on H4 when pregnant is not an issue. One thing that the consulate would be curious to know is her medical insurance coverage when she arrives in U.S. So ask your wife to go prepared to answer questions related to medical insurance since child birth is a very expensive in U.S. The issues that you have to really worry about is the day long flight during this time. No career is worth taking such a risk. Do consult a good doctor before planning the travel.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      There won't be any issues because of the pregnancy. Traveling to U.S just for a child birth is what is not allowed (In B1/B2 visa). Traveling in H1B to work or on H4 when pregnant is not an issue. One thing that the consulate would be curious to know is her medical insurance coverage when she arrives in U.S. So ask your wife to go prepared to answer questions related to medical insurance since child birth is a very expensive in U.S. The issues that you have to really worry about is the day long flight during this time. No career is worth taking such a risk. Do consult a good doctor before planning the travel.
      Thanks for the reply, Currently I have my health insurance and willing to add my wife and upgrade the policy to cover head to toe for pregnancy, also our employer is willing to provide her separate health insurance as well. My question is which is good to take considering visa stamping and POE keeping in mind.

By the time she goes to stamping she will be in the end of 7th month of her pregnancy, we have checked with doctor and she said good to go and will be giving medical report stating her health condition if asked.

Will this be enough to get her stamping or do we need to cover any other base.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

That should be good enough.

Originally posted by srini123 View Post
        Thanks for the reply, Currently I have my health insurance and willing to add my wife and upgrade the policy to cover head to toe for pregnancy, also our employer is willing to provide her separate health insurance as well. My question is which is good to take considering visa stamping and POE keeping in mind.

By the time she goes to stamping she will be in the end of 7th month of her pregnancy, we have checked with doctor and she said good to go and will be giving medical report stating her health condition if asked.

Will this be enough to get her stamping or do we need to cover any other base.

Thanks in advance.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1-B visa stamping when pregnant

Srini123, can you share your wife's experience in H1-B visa stamping interview? Did she get her visa?

I will be 6 mos pregnant during my visa interview and just curious to know what happened.

Comment

Can you please share your experience of Visa Stamping because I would be 6 months pre

Originally posted by snan85 View Post
            Srini123, can you share your wife's experience in H1-B visa stamping interview? Did she get her visa?

I will be 6 mos pregnant during my visa interview and just curious to know what happened.

Can you please share your experience of Visa Stamping because I would be 6 months pregnant during my H1 interview?

Many Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X