L1 to H1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 Visa

Hi I applied for L1 to H1 visa . and i got it approved on oct 14 2011.

does that mean that my L1 is canceled?

I am in a stituation where i need to stay in the current organisation A for 1 week before going to the new company B

Please advice me on the process

You can stay with L1 employer as long as H1 is not approved. After approval you must immediately leave L1 employer and join H1 employer.
    You cannot join H1 employer until H1 is approved with change of status.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      You can stay with L1 employer as long as H1 is not approved. After approval you must immediately leave L1 employer and join H1 employer.
      You cannot join H1 employer until H1 is approved with change of status.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

My H1 is approved. on 14 oct 2011

can i know the process or any alternative that i need to stay with the current employer for atleast 1 week

Comment

There is no alternative. If the effective date of H1B is 14th Oct, then your status has changed to H1B as of that date and your empoyment with the L1 employer is illegal if you are still employed with them. If you want to stay back with the L1 employer, then leave the country and re-enter in L1 visa which will put you back on L1 status. In order to work for the H1B employer later, a COS need to be filed again or you have to leave the country and re-enter in H1B visa.

Originally posted by rick View Post
        Thanks a lot for the reply.

My H1 is approved. on 14 oct 2011

can i know the process or any alternative that i need to stay with the current employer for atleast 1 week
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          There is no alternative. If the effective date of H1B is 14th Oct, then your status has changed to H1B as of that date and your empoyment with the L1 employer is illegal if you are still employed with them. If you want to stay back with the L1 employer, then leave the country and re-enter in L1 visa which will put you back on L1 status. In order to work for the H1B employer later, a COS need to be filed again or you have to leave the country and re-enter in H1B visa.

Thanks a lot this had eliminated lot of my confusions..

Have a good day

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X