Extension of my visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension of my visa

I would like to know if I can apply for an extension of my current visa. Details are as below.

I entered US for the firs time with L1 visa on Feb 23 2005 and was there till Mar 25 2007. Then went on a vacation to India. And came back to US again on Apr 25 2007. Left India on Jul 02 2007.

I got a fresh L1 and enterd US on Jul 22 2008. Went to India on Apr 23 2009 for a week. And returned back to US on May 1 2009.

Since May 2009 I am in the US. In between my compnay converted my L1 to H1. So my current visa is H1. The visa is valid till April 19, 2012.

I would like to know if I can apply for further extension. I stayed for more than a year in India from Jul 02 2007 to Jul 22 2008. This gap is more than a year. Im which case my six year stay should be calculated from Jul 22 2008.

So please clarify if I can apply for further extension.

Regards
    Gouriprasad

If the H1 petition was filed under new cap, the L1 stay before 1 year gap may be not counted towards the 6 year limit. But this is subjective and an experienced lawyer may know current USCIS interpretations on this issue. Consult one.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X