Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 help for H1B

All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I already got very good insights on fillign DS 160from this forum. Howver two more questions remains ..I am putting those below, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) On the work experience page, there is a section called 'Briefly describe your duties and responsibilities": What should we enter. Should it be a one word answer like 'Programmer in SAP' or should it be 3-4 sentences or more? Any sample would be of great help.

2) My 140 - is cleared and this extension is based on that only .6th to 9th year. But never applied 485. There is a section' Did anyone ever filed immigration petition on your behalf".
    Should I put Yes or No?

The below two I took it from this forum only.

- Departure Date - I put that as my petition end date
    - Two 797s which one to use: use the extened one, that is, in my case from March 2012 to March 2015.

1) On the work experience page, there is a section called 'Briefly describe your duties and responsibilities": What should we enter. Should it be a one word answer like 'Programmer in SAP' or should it be 3-4 sentences or more? Any sample would be of great help.
    >>> One word is not enough to explain your roles and responsibilities. "Programmer in SAP" is more like your designation. It doesn't say what your day to day roles and responsibilities are in your work.

2) My 140 - is cleared and this extension is based on that only .6th to 9th year. But never applied 485. There is a section' Did anyone ever filed immigration petition on your behalf".
    Should I put Yes or No?
    >>> If I-140 is applied, then you have to answer "YES" to this question.

The below two I took it from this forum only.

- Departure Date - I put that as my petition end date
    - Two 797s which one to use: use the extened one, that is, in my case from March 2012 to March 2015.
    >>> Both are valid.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin..

As far as the roles and responsibilities, the sample form provided by VFS is showing like this

- Designation -- Manager
      - Roles and responsibilites: Branch Manager.

That is where my question came from..

Comment

It is advisable to go with the detail description. It it not going to cause any harm.

Originally posted by H1Seeker990 View Post
        Thanks Shervin..

As far as the roles and responsibilities, the sample form provided by VFS is showing like this

- Designation -- Manager
        - Roles and responsibilites: Branch Manager.

That is where my question came from..

Comment

one more quick question:

In the same flow I was filling up for my daughter who is india born. There is a question..

Do your Father lives in US? Should it be YES or NO?

During the time of interview, we all would be in India, so should it be NO?

Thanks,

Comment

You can answer NO. Call VFS helpdesk if you have difficulties filling DS160. They will guide you correctly.

Originally posted by H1Seeker990 View Post
            one more quick question:

In the same flow I was filling up for my daughter who is india born. There is a question..

Do your Father lives in US? Should it be YES or NO?

During the time of interview, we all would be in India, so should it be NO?

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X