Question - Non Indian H1B renewal and Indian H4 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Non Indian H1B renewal and Indian H4 stamping

I am an Indian citizen, and my wife is a citizen of Kenya. She has been on H1B since 2007, while I was on F1 till recently. She had her H1B renewed in July this year, and I applied for a change of status to H4. She received her I797A, but I am still awaiting my approval. Now, we need to travel to Delhi in December and we were wondering:

1. Can we both get the stamping done at the Delhi consulate? Hers is a renewal stamping, while mine is a change of status. For the record, she had her first H1B stamped in Delhi.

If yes, then:

2. While taking appointment at the VFS site, one is made to choose "Resident of India" OR "Indian citizen resident in the US". What option should we select for her?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

1. Can we both get the stamping done at the Delhi consulate? Hers is a renewal stamping, while mine is a change of status. For the record, she had her first H1B stamped in Delhi.
    >>> Yes.

2. While taking appointment at the VFS site, one is made to choose "Resident of India" OR "Indian citizen resident in the US". What option should we select for her?
    >>> "Resident of India". Talk to VFS helpdesk. Book both H1B and H4 interview together as a single slot.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X