Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for filling DS-160 for H4 visa

Hello,

I am in US working on a H1B visa and my fiancee is in the process of completing her DS-160 form for the H4 interview. I need suggestions regarding the following DS-160 form questions:

1. Who is paying for the Trip?

I would be paying for her trip. If she says this on the form, do i need to provide her any other documents? Do i need to fill I-134 form for her? On the other side, if her forms states "SELF", would she need to show her bank statements etc during the interview?

2. In the taveling companions section, the question is "Are other persons traveling with you?"

My H4 visa is already stamped and we both are planning to come back to US together. But she would be going for the H4 interview alone. So, can she say that she is travelling with me or it is irrelevant as they are only interested in the people who are potentially interviewing together?

3. In the Family Informatin section for the Spouce, it asks for the "Spouce's Address"

Since i am staying in US, should she enter my US address or my Indian residence address, i.e. the address on my indian passport?

I highly appreciate your help!
    Thanks,

Anand

1. Who is paying for the Trip?

I would be paying for her trip. If she says this on the form, do i need to provide her any other documents? Do i need to fill I-134 form for her? On the other side, if her forms states "SELF", would she need to show her bank statements etc during the interview?
    >>> She can enter "Husband". If you want, just provide a letter stating that you will take care of the flight tickets and other financial care when she is in U.S. You can also mention that you have her health insurance covered.

2. In the taveling companions section, the question is "Are other persons traveling with you?"

My H4 visa is already stamped and we both are planning to come back to US together. But she would be going for the H4 interview alone. So, can she say that she is travelling with me or it is irrelevant as they are only interested in the people who are potentially interviewing together?
    >>> She can mention that she is travelling with you.

3. In the Family Informatin section for the Spouce, it asks for the "Spouce's Address"

Since i am staying in US, should she enter my US address or my Indian residence address, i.e. the address on my indian passport?
    >>> Enter your U.S address.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X