Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g_damaged passport

Hi All,
    I am a regular follower of this forum. I came India for my wedding in May 2011 and went for visa stamping on 7th, June 2011 in New Delhi embassy as my visa renewal was due.I am working on EVC model.
    Vo asked me some basic questions about my educational qualifications and about my client and employer and issued me 221g and asked me to submit all the docs at the vfs. I submitted docs along with passports (mine and my wife's) at vfs on 8th june. Recently on 19th September 2011 i recevied a mail from embassy mentioning that my passport was damaged as the lamination page was peeling off and asked me to submit new passport at the VFS. I applied for new passport and submittedboth old+new passportt on 7th of Oct 2011, 3weeks completed after submission and Still waiting for the update. During this process, my wife's passport is still at the embassy.
    My question is what could be the reason for demanding the passport, is it to issue visa or for any further processing? My job in USA is still active a the client.

What are the chances of getting visa? Please post your similar exp or expert help is need.

Thanks,
    H1 Aspirant
    Last edited by h1visa2011; 11-01-2011, 08:11 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X