Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White form 221(g) for H1B at Hyd consulate

Hello experts,

I had my H1B visa interview on 31st Oct, 2011. After all the questions, the VO gave me a white form with a case no it, checking the option 'Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made'. He gave back my passport, kept the documents I129, I797, LCA, etc. He didn't ask to submit any other documents. He just told 'We would need time to review all the documents. You can check your status online and it'll be updated in a day'. However, still I don't see any status update online.

Can anyone tell me what would be the probable reason for administrative processing provided all the documents are in place and how much time will it take to get the update on my case?

Your previous experiences or expert opinions will be of great help.

Thanks,
    Kumar.
    Last edited by kumaraghu; 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM.

There are 1000's and 1000's of posts that talks about 221g admin processing. Search for key words like "221g" or "admin process" in immihelp.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am on the same ship

Hi Raghu, This is Lalith I have been to Visa interview on jan-18-2012 and received the same white form and exactly did like you mentioned. Let me know if you have heard from VFS or not. I can also estimate my status.

Thank you,
      Lalith

Comment

221g white form issued at Hyderabad consulate

Hi,

I attended my H1b(first time) Visa interview at Hyderabad consulate on 24th Jan 2012 along with my family(husband & kids), am the priciple applicant and I work for a fortune 500 company. I come under the BEP category.

After entering the embassy my documents were verified at the BEP counter and was written "PIMS descripency". I was wondering if there is any problem with my application as I have not seen such comment on the other BEP applicants.

After a long wait of one and half hour my number was called for the interview, I went to the counter 16 and the intial interview started with a good note and was answering all his questions. Suddenly the VO started asking about my earlier visit to US on Business Visa and at one point of time i was nervous and could not answer all his questions. I was sure that my application is going to be rejected. After all his questions he took back my petition and passport and issued me form 221(g) and checked additional administrative processing required for my application. I thought am not going to get visa and he might reject my application. I said thank you to the VO and without asking any questions i came back home. I was in a kind of shock. I started reading the forums in immihelp and was not sure when am going clear this processing.

I was just praying god and hoping that i will hear soon from the embassy on my VISA status.

Today(1st Feb 2012) am surprised to see a mail from VFS that my administrative processing has been done and my passports are ready for delivery.

So ALL YOU GUYS WAITING FOR CLEARANCE ON FORM 221(g) HAVE PATIENCE AND JUST PRAY GOD. YOU ALL GOING TO GET VISA. CHEERS!!!!

Comment

221g white h1 admin process hyd

Hi raghu did U guys get any reply and what is the status of your case?

My interview was on March7th and I too had the same case he took all docs

Comment

Originally posted by kumaraghu View Post
            Hello experts,

I had my H1B visa interview on 31st Oct, 2011. After all the questions, the VO gave me a white form with a case no it, checking the option 'Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made'. He gave back my passport, kept the documents I129, I797, LCA, etc. He didn't ask to submit any other documents. He just told 'We would need time to review all the documents. You can check your status online and it'll be updated in a day'. However, still I don't see any status update online.

Can anyone tell me what would be the probable reason for administrative processing provided all the documents are in place and how much time will it take to get the update on my case?

Your previous experiences or expert opinions will be of great help.

Thanks,
            Kumar.
            I received the same 221g on oct 5th 2012 . What happened to yours ? Is it cleared ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X