H1-B transfer while on 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B transfer while on 221(g)

Can I apply for a H1-B transfer or a new H1-B with a new employer when my case is on 221(g) and is sent back to USCIS for further review.

Yes. If your current I-94 is active, then the transfer is possible. If not, then it has to be a bridge petition and in that case, your existing petition should get approved for a successful bridging. Search and read about bridging.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Shervin143.

I was on F1 visa previously. After completing masters, started working on OPT. In June 2010, my employer applied for H1-B and in August 2010 the petition got approved. I have been working under the H1 status from October 2010. I only have F1 visa stamping, I came for H1 stamping. In this case, is my I-94 considered active?

If I apply for H1 transfer to a new employer, do I have to wait until the current petition is reveiwed by uscis ( sent for review from consulate) or can I schedule another appointment and go for interview again?

Thanks

Comment

If you find another job, give the new employer a copy of previous H1 approval or receipt notice (or at least the receipt number). They can use this to file cap-exempt petition for you and after that is approved you can use that to get a Visa and travel to US.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

My previous reply was based on the assumption that you are currently in U.S. When you are outside U.S, any employer can file a new H1B petition using the CAP from the existing petition. Provide the new employer a copy of your existing H1B approval notice. Once that petition gets approved, you can attend the visa interview again.

Originally posted by superboy143 View Post
          Thanks for the reply Shervin143.

I was on F1 visa previously. After completing masters, started working on OPT. In June 2010, my employer applied for H1-B and in August 2010 the petition got approved. I have been working under the H1 status from October 2010. I only have F1 visa stamping, I came for H1 stamping. In this case, is my I-94 considered active?

If I apply for H1 transfer to a new employer, do I have to wait until the current petition is reveiwed by uscis ( sent for review from consulate) or can I schedule another appointment and go for interview again?

Thanks
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X