Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can H1b stamping and ne LCA done prallely???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can H1b stamping and ne LCA done prallely???

Dear Members,

I am Working for the company X in india, my company has filled a H1B petition to work for the Client A operating from location 1 and my PA date for stamping in on 16th Nov 2011. But now I moved to a different Client B (same company) operating from location 2.

Q1 : Can i appear for the stamping interview as if i am going for Client A in location 1 and then apply for New LCA for new client B in new location 2 ?
    OR
    Should I first apply the New LCA for the Client B in location 2 and then appear for Stamping interview ?

Q2 : If I apply for New LCA for the Client B in location 2 before Stamping interview, should i also ammend that information in my H1B petition ? if yes how long it takes normally for New LCA and H1B ammendment.

Q3: Can I parallely apply for New LCA for the Client B in location 2 and Appear for the stamping interview with the Old LCA which i have for the Client A in location 1 ?

Thanks

Q1 : Can i appear for the stamping interview as if i am going for Client A in location 1 and then apply for New LCA for new client B in new location 2 ?
    OR
    Should I first apply the New LCA for the Client B in location 2 and then appear for Stamping interview ?
    >>> A new LCA and a H1B amendment need to be filed before you can attend the visa interview.

Q2 : If I apply for New LCA for the Client B in location 2 before Stamping interview, should i also ammend that information in my H1B petition ? if yes how long it takes normally for New LCA and H1B ammendment.
    >>> LCA takes about 10 days. Amendment takes about 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Q3: Can I parallely apply for New LCA for the Client B in location 2 and Appear for the stamping interview with the Old LCA which i have for the Client A in location 1 ?
    >>> You should not.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much shervin143.

My friend has another query. He already got H1B visa stamped for client A in location 1, but now he shifted to Client B in location 2. So he wants to know if it is enough to just get a new LCA for the client B in location 2 or he also need to have H1b Amendment ?

Comment

Visa has nothing to do here. The existing valid H1B visa can be used to re-enter U.S. A new LCA and an H1B amendment need to eb filed and approved for the new work location.

Originally posted by sorez View Post
        Thank you so much shervin143.

My friend has another query. He already got H1B visa stamped for client A in location 1, but now he shifted to Client B in location 2. So he wants to know if it is enough to just get a new LCA for the client B in location 2 or he also need to have H1b Amendment ?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X