Which one is better H1B or L1A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is better H1B or L1A?

One of my friend has option to choose between H1b and L1A. Which one is better? He is planning for GC as well in future. Thanks.

H1B gives you the flexibility to switch employers. It also helps in staying beyond 6 years if a PERM is filed 365 days prior to the 6th year end or if I-140 is approved.
    On the other hand, with L1A with the required experience, the GC process can be done in EB1 (The person need to be well qualified to get into EB1 category).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. My friend is having 10 years of Exp. and right now he is working as Project Manger. He is having Masters degree also so he can apply GC in EB2 category as well. What is the timeline for GC in EB2 Category. I heard its lesser than that of in EB3. So what you suggest as he needs flexibility to switch jobs if any better opportunity arrives. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

My friend is having 10 years of Exp. and right now he is working as Project Manger. He is having Masters degree also so he can apply GC in EB2 category as well. What is the timeline for GC in EB2 Category. I heard its lesser than that of in EB3.
        >>> Around 5 years.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. So the bottom-line is if he has choice then he can go for H1b as it have more flexibility.

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Smarty1277 View Post
            Thanks Shervin. So the bottom-line is if he has choice then he can go for H1b as it have more flexibility.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X