DS-160 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 questions

Guys, I have some questions for DS-160 form and appreciate if someone could help.

I currently work in U.S. and I am going for Visa stamping in Mumbai, India.

1. In the present employer section, obviously I have to write my U.S. employer information but what should I put for salary in local currency? In INR or USD?

2. For educational history, till what standard (like 12th, 10th or beyond) should I give?

3. I had stayed in multiple states in U.S.. Do you have to give driver's license information for all those states?

4. For the question, Do you have any immediate relatives in U.S? Since my wife and kid stay with me, should I say yes? Please note, at the time of stamping they will be with me.

Thanks.

1. In the present employer section, obviously I have to write my U.S. employer information but what should I put for salary in local currency? In INR or USD?
    >>> USD.

2. For educational history, till what standard (like 12th, 10th or beyond) should I give?
    >>> Till your highest educational degree.

3. I had stayed in multiple states in U.S.. Do you have to give driver's license information for all those states?
    >>> Is DS-160 asking you for the driver's license history from all the states. You can have only 1 valid driving license at a time and I don't think the DS160 asks about all your previous driving licenses. Post the correct question from DS160 here.

4. For the question, Do you have any immediate relatives in U.S? Since my wife and kid stay with me, should I say yes? Please note, at the time of stamping they will be with me.
    >>> You can answer NO.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Ds-160

Thanks for your response shervin143.

1. Driver's license question is :

Do you or did you ever hold a U.S. Driver's License?

2. In the education question was more related to elimentary, high school related. I meant should I put my school information about where I attended my 5th standard as well?

Comment

1. Driver's license question is :
        Do you or did you ever hold a U.S. Driver's License?
        >>> Well, answer "Yes" if you did.

2. In the education question was more related to elimentary, high school related. I meant should I put my school information about where I attended my 5th standard as well?
        >>> Not required. Talk to VFS helpdesk if you need more clarification on completing the DS160.

Comment

one clarification

>>> You can answer NO.[/QUOTE]

Hi, just one clarification on my above question.

My kid is U.S. Citizen but she will be in India with me while me and my wife go for stamping. Do I still need to say "No" for above question?

Thanks

Comment

Yes. Talk to VFS helpdesk if you need more clarification.

Originally posted by optiond View Post
            My kid is U.S. Citizen but she will be in India with me while me and my wife go for stamping. Do I still need to say "No" for above question?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X