Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about H1B interview

Hi folks,
    Today, I had my H1B interview at New Delhi Consulate.

Everything went fine during interview and the visa officer said, your Visa is approved and you should get it in 7 days.
    When I came home, I realized , I did not give any of passport photos to Visa officer.
    They did not even ask me.(i.e While getting my documents checked by consulate folks during token giving process)

Although the digital photo is there in their system(i.e When I filled online DS-160), I wanted to know if they definitely should have asked for photos and probably forgot to ask me in my case ?

Can anyone , who recently had interview at delhi consulate please tell me ?

Thanks in advance.

Also one more question,
    The visa officer took original I-797, notice of approval along with the passport.

Should they return back I-797 along with my passport after it is stamped ?

Please let me know

Thanx

Comment

The digital photograph that you have uploaded while completing the DS-160 is all they need.

Originally posted by heyvishy View Post
      Hi folks,
      Today, I had my H1B interview at New Delhi Consulate.

Everything went fine during interview and the visa officer said, your Visa is approved and you should get it in 7 days.
      When I came home, I realized , I did not give any of passport photos to Visa officer.
      They did not even ask me.(i.e While getting my documents checked by consulate folks during token giving process)

Although the digital photo is there in their system(i.e When I filled online DS-160), I wanted to know if they definitely should have asked for photos and probably forgot to ask me in my case ?

Can anyone , who recently had interview at delhi consulate please tell me ?

Thanks in advance.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

They should return it. You need that to show at the POE when you enter U.S.

Also one more question,
        The visa officer took original I-797, notice of approval along with the passport.

Should they return back I-797 along with my passport after it is stamped ?

Please let me know

Thanx

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply

Comment

If they don't, contact the consulate to get it back.

Thanks a lot for your reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X