Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to Old Employer

Hi,
    3 months back I got my H1B transferred from my employer to another Company A. Now, If I want to go back to my Old Employer- Is that possible? If so, what is the process that I should follow.

Thanks

Leave the country and re-enter with the previous company's approval notice (Provided that job still exist) and a valid H1B visa. You will get a new I-94 associated to the old employer and you can work for them. Make sure you return all your current I-94s when you leave the country.

Alternatively an H1B transfer can be filed to the old employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B to Old Employer

Shervin
      thanks for your reply. Is there a possibility without leaving the country where we can apply for a change of status(COS). Thanks

Comment

What change of status? You are currently in H1B status, right? Change of status is a term used when you change from one status to another (Example H4 to H1B). In your case, if you don't want to leave the country, then the old employer should file the H1B transfer. That is what I mentioned in the last line of the previous reply.

Originally posted by prad_21 View Post
        Shervin
        thanks for your reply. Is there a possibility without leaving the country where we can apply for a change of status(COS). Thanks

Comment

Shervin
          Actually i travelled few month back and entered back with my old employers documents and I have an I94 associated with it. After entering the country, I applied for transfer with another employer A and got it approved and received I797A approval copy with I94 attached.
          Since I have the old employer's I94 - is it possible I can work without applying a transfer.?

Thanks

Comment

Which employer are you currently working for? Your old employer or employer A. I mean, who is generating your pay slips? If you are working for employer A, then in order to go back to your old employer, you need to follow one of the options mentioned in my first response.
            Last edited by shervin143; 11-23-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X