No announcement yet.

I-94 expired for more than a year is/not eligible for stamping at Canada/mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 expired for more than a year is/not eligible for stamping at Canada/mexico

My h1 visa and i-94 expired in Sep2010, and both got extended until March 2013.

Given the recent huddle, everyone is facing with stamping in India. I wanted to go to Canada or Mexico for stamping.
    I have a question on the eligibility for the same and confirmation of the following statement.

" Anyone whose I-94 expired for more than a year is not eligible for stamping at Canada/mexico"
    my case Sep 2010 - sep 2011 ..but it got extended till 2013.

Kindly provide your input...need your kind opinion..

Regards,
    Raj

Do you have a latest I-94 that is valid until currently (The I-94 should have come with the ecxtended H1B approval notice. If yes, detach that and attach it to your passport)? If Yes, and if you have been working and getting paid without any gaps, then you have maintained your H1B status and you are eligible to attend the visa interview at Mexico or Canada.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I-94 attach to the I797 Notice of Action (Approval)

Yes Shervin, the I-94 is part of the approval notice and i will pin it to the passport. I'm on full time job with my employer and been paid promptly through out.
      • My H1 exployer was YYYY on the visa stamp Apr 2008 .
      • Transferred to YYY in August 2008
      • Extended visa with YYY in Sept 2010 and received valid approval notice and I-94 until March 2013.

Now since my passport shows visa stamp from YYYY employer and not YYY. Is this extension allowed at Mexico and Canada ?

Will i have any PIMS issue ?

Kindly clarify ? Thank you.

Comment

Yes Shervin, the I-94 is part of the approval notice and i will pin it to the passport. I'm on full time job with my employer and been paid promptly through out.
        • My H1 exployer was YYYY on the visa stamp Apr 2008 .
        • Transferred to YYY in August 2008
        • Extended visa with YYY in Sept 2010 and received valid approval notice and I-94 until March 2013.

Now since my passport shows visa stamp from YYYY employer and not YYY. Is this extension allowed at Mexico and Canada ?
        >>> No issues.

Will i have any PIMS issue ?
        >>> No one can predict that.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you very much Shervin for your timely response.
          I will further weigh the pros and cons take the step... Thanks once again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X