Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Petition Transfer

Hi All,
    I have a approved H1-B petition from employer A for this year. Visa Stamping is still pending.

Now the employer B has shown interest in hiring me. Can petition be transfered in this case from Employer A to Employer B ? As qutoa is near to expire in next few weeks, filing a new petition doesn't seem to be good option.

Thanks.

Yes, the petition can be transferred.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks.

So I should wait for H1B petition to get transfer before taking Visa Stamping date.

Comment

I assume you are outside U.S now and you no longer have any interest in working for employer A. If so, then you need to wait until Employer B's petition gets approved and then schedule the visa interview. If you are planning to enter U.S to work for employer A, then schedule the visa interview with employer A's petition.

If you are currently in U.S, then what is your immigration status? It is very hard to answer your questions doesn't have these information.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am currently outside US.

Employer A interviewed and file for H1-B. Petition got approved early this month. No Visa stamping done

Meanwhile Employer B is offering better role and package. Should file for NEW Petition or ask them to transfer approved one?

Comment

Just provide B with copy of A's approval notice and B can file a cap exempt petition for you at any time. Visa application using A's approval is immaterial.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X