Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds160 question: Where do you intend to work

Hi,
    I have a question regarding my DS160. This is the last page on DS 160 where I am supposed to enter the "Temporary Work Visa Information"

Where Do You Intend to Work?
    Name of Employer: EMPLOYER NAME / CLIENT NAME ???
    Street Address: SHOULD THIS BE THE CLIENT'S ADDRESS??? OR EMPLOYER'S??
    Phone Number: SHOULD THIS BE THE CLIENT'S PHONE NUMBER??? OR EMPLOYER'S???

Thanks in Advance.

Employer.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for your immediate response.
      Even tough my Client Location & employer location is different right?

Comment

Mention the location where you will actually work. This will be in your form I-129 filed with USCIS. If employer is in location A and your actual work site is location B, that will be mentioned in your form I-129 and your LCA will be approved for location B and not for A. You need to go by that. If they don't match, then there is some problem and you need to get a new LCA for your current work location and an H1B amendment.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

So Sherwin, in short you mean to say that I should mention the CLIENT'S ADDRESS and NOT Employer's address? Right???

That was the only confusion. The LCA matches with the Client address, there is no confusion...

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
            So Sherwin, in short you mean to say that I should mention the CLIENT'S ADDRESS and NOT Employer's address? Right???

That was the only confusion. The LCA matches with the Client address, there is no confusion...
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Please share your experience

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post

@ThePoster,

Hello...I would really appreciate, if you can share your experience. What did you finally mentioned in your DS-160? (Employer details or Client details).

Actually, I could see conflicting answers on this one. So, I want to know what you went with and did that cause any issue?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I believe you can mention any of the addresses listed in the LCA preferably end client address if there is any.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by myvisastatus View Post
                  @ThePoster,

Hello...I would really appreciate, if you can share your experience. What did you finally mentioned in your DS-160? (Employer details or Client details).

Actually, I could see conflicting answers on this one. So, I want to know what you went with and did that cause any issue?

Thanks in advance.
                  If you are going to work in client place then enter the same...

Comment

Hi,

Please advise me:

What should I fill up in the last page of DS-160. My employer is company A and I work at Company B (client) location and this is mentioned in my LCA. So what do I put in the below questions

Where do you intend to work:

Name of the employer is : Employer or Clients name?

Address? client or employer address?

Contact number: Employer or Client Manager?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi,

I have a question regarding filling out the DS-160, I'm currently on H1-B and a full time employee at a company.
                      Although, my work location isn't the same as mentioned on the petition (I-797 has the address of the company headquarters). What should I mention in the section 'where do you intend to work?'
                      Will it create any problem during the stamping interview if I have different addresses mentioned for petitioner address and actual work location?

Thanks,
                      Jairaj

Comment

This is a sticky one since you and your employer are likely engaging in immigration fraud. I'd talk to a lawyer about the exact situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X